If you’re reading this, then chances are you surpass the level of casual reader. But do you think you have what it takes to be truly addicted to books? If more than half of the following apply to you, then the answer is yes. Scroll through the list and tell us how many of these apply to you, then share with your book addict friends!
1. Meeting new people makes you nervous. Rather than risking clicking with someone who doesn’t read, you ask about their favorite book before getting to know them.
2. Real panic bubbles up within you when, on the very rare occasion, you find yourself without a book.
3. It’s impossible to budget because you never know when the overwhelming urge to buy a new, expensive hardcover book will strike.
4. Maintaining a normal sleep schedule is difficult because any given night could turn into a “must finish” night.
5. If you’re a lady, you base new purse purchases on whether or not it will hold all of your stuff and an average-sized book.
6. You dread loaning out books because NO ONE will appreciate and care for them like you do. No one.
8. You don’t trust movie reviews from people who didn’t read the book first.
9. You don’t confuse Bellatrix Lestrange with Beatrix Potter.
11. You’ve read so many books that people don’t bother buying them for you anymore. Instead, they buy you book-related gift cards.
12. You shop indie.