It’s the end of the year! I can’t believe 2013 is already over. In some ways, I feel like it just started. All-in-all, I had a pretty good year on both the professional and personal level and I have all of you to thank for the successes that The Book Wheel has had. I’ve decided to celebrate by sharing with you my highlights from this past year. Enjoy!
This year, The Book Wheel….
- Was excerpted in both Goodreads and The New York Times Book Review (twice!) for William Klaber’s The Rebellion of Miss Lucy Ann Lobdell
- Hit 50,000 visitors
- Was picked as a Top 30 Entertainment Blogs on the Internet
- Was picked as a Top 10 Blogs to Know About in 2014
- Visited the Stanley Hotel, which was the inspiration for The Shining
- Hosted a bi-monthly book club with Love at First Book
- Added a store to the site
- Met some amazing bloggers (you know who you are!)
- Built relationships with some awesome authors
- Participated in World Book Night as a giver
And, this year Allison….
- Started a digital and literary consulting company
- Moved to Aurora, CO
- Started graduate school for Public Policy
- Attended the Frozen Dead Guys festival
- Met a bunch of authors, including Brad Meltzer
- Booked her hotel for Book Expo of America in NYC for 2014
I’m sure I’ve forgotten a few things, but regardless I think I had a pretty good year!