After finishing The Bully Pulpit, I was in severe need of a good, quick read that would help transition me out of politics. Naturally, I asked the Twitterverse to help me decide and, upon learning that Meg Wolitzer’s The Wife was an option, Andi at Estella’s Revenge responded with a […]
In Case You Missed It::
- 8 Best Books I Read in 2014 1 month ago
- Announcement! #30Authors Is Going to Be a Book! 1 month ago
- The List of Book Lists 2 months ago
- 12 Signs You Are Addicted to Books 8 months ago
- 7 Tips For Your Pitch – How to Get Your Book Reviewed 9 months ago
Note: I received this mug for free from GoneReading.com to honestly review. That said, I’ve purchased things from their site...
A very common first date question is “What famous person do you want to meet?” It’s a valid question, but as a reader...
The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism by Doris Kearns Goodwin Published by Simon...
Every reader has words they love stumbling upon when they read. The past few months I’ve been keeping track of words that give...
- January 26, 2015After finishing The Bully Pulpit, I was in severe need of a good, quick read that would help
- December 30, 2014Thanks to April at The Steadfast Reader for this clever headline. What would you do if you knew
- December 22, 2014The Hired Man by Aminatta Forna is a haunting tale that you know from the first few pages is a
- December 15, 2014Before I even begin to review this book, let me preface it with the fact that I don’t know
- November 24, 2014I finally read my first Tolstoy. I’ve always been afraid of picking him up because, well, the
- November 17, 2014If you were to look at some of the Goodreads reviews for this book, you might be hesitant to pick
- TLC Book Tours: The Vineyard by Michael Hurley (Book Review)
- ‘The Blind Assassin’ is Brilliant (Book Review)
- ‘Ruby’ by Cynthia Bond – A #30Authors Book Review
- January 19, 2015I don’t even know where to start reviewing The Bully Pulpit because it’s such a big and
- January 12, 2015Why is it that some people are more curious than others? Is it because of our parents or our
- January 5, 2015Confession: I’m a bad political science graduate. I like to think that I know a little bit
- December 8, 2014Did you know that women judge men more harshly on their looks than they do us? Or that universally
- December 1, 2014How is it that the United States, with no common ethnicity or culture, has managed to remain united
- November 10, 2014From the author of Reading Lolita in Tehran comes a mind-expanding followup called The Republic of
- ‘Underground Girls’ is Extraordinary (Book Review)
- Elizabeth Warren on the Power of Banks (Book Review)
- Chances Are, You’re Part Sociopath (Book Review)
- January 21, 2015A very common first date question is “What famous person do you want to meet?”
- January 16, 2015Every reader has words they love stumbling upon when they read. The past few months I’ve been
- January 14, 2015I love Facebook. I love seeing what everyone is up to and watching friends and their children grow